Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
The articles in this category fall under randomized controlled clinical trials, studies of screening and diagnostic tests, interventional studies, case-controlled studies, surveys with high response rates and outcome studies.
A review article should have been solicited by the journal and should be a major didactic article that clarifies and summarizes the exhaustive review of the literature on an important area of interest
New, rare, interesting and special cases can be reported.
This may contain new discovery, new techniques, new surgical instruments of interest to readers and any scientific inventions that would enhance the practice of dentistry.
Letter to the Editor
This should be brief and may be related to previous article(s) published by the journal